Did last year seem to blast by a little too quickly for anyone else?
I wrote The Amber Ring in 2012, and it is now 2014 – this realization makes me feel…less productive than I should like. I suppose I did write a screenplay last year, but it still needs another couple rounds of revisions before it could be considered finished.
I’m not really one for resolutions; they’re prone to be a source of either stress or disappointment (or, more likely, both). But perhaps there’s little harm in simply naming a few things I’d like to accomplish this year. That way, they’re out there, so I’ll feel properly shamed if I don’t live up to the task, but not so burdened with self-loathing as I would were I to say with definitive ardor that they will be done.
- I won’t delude myself into thinking I’ll finish the book I started in early 2011, but it’d be nice to make another huge dent in it.
- I need to complete work on the aforementioned screenplay, and write another – particularly considering they’re already paid for. I’d also like to see production start in earnest on one of them, but that’s not really under my control. (>^-‘)>
- Doing another novella would be fun. I have a handful of concepts itching at my mind, but I need to focus on one of them and flesh it out.
- Maybe write a short story in verse, or compile a collection of silly poetry in the vein of Shel Silverstein. Nothing I can realistically expect interest in, but endeavors that would nonetheless appeal to me for their own sake.
- Providing more interesting content for Writin’ Fish would be good, so long as I find the time and ideas (and don’t draw the ire of the slog).
There you have it, then. I’d be happy to cross even one or two of these off, really. So we’ll see what happens.
Here’s hoping for a productive and enjoyable year for everyone!